Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister

MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!!

Go down 
+2
Cookii
CrackShot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CrackShot

CrackShot

MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!!   MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!! EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:31 pm

OK FELLAS!
We represent fallen soldiers who fought and died for our freedom, and those who contine to fight for our freedom! It's a cause that never wears itself thin because it's JUST. It's RIGHT! IT ALWAYS ENDURES BECAUSE OF SOLDIERS LIKE CHUCK! WHO TORE OUR ENEMIES APART! WHO SAID, "I DARE YOU TO CHALLENGE MY WAY OF LIFE!!!!! I DARE YOU!!!!!! STEP UP... AND HAVE A TASE OF THE BULLETS... THE SWEAT... THE BLOOD AND TEARS THAT I SPILL WILLINGLY IN DEFENSE OF MY COUNTRY!!!! THAT I HAVE GIVEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO GIVE FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!! MYYYYYY COUNTRY! MYYYY FREEDOM!!!! GET SOME B**** AND FIND OUT WHAT AMERICAS MADE OF!

POST YOUR TRIBUTE TO OUR TROOPS THIS WEEK. VIDEOS, PICTURES, QUOTES. LET US NEVER FORGET THOUSE WHO HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED, SO THAT WE COULD LIVE FREE. AS GOES SOF'S MOTTO......

"They Fought For Our Freedom, We Fight In Their Memory..."

*S* Gentlemen

-=CrackShot=-=*****=
Back to top Go down
CrackShot

CrackShot

PostSubject: Re: MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!!   MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!! EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:35 pm

If you have 13 Minutes, YOU HAVE TIME TO CHECK OUT THIS AWSOME VIDEO!!!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4cb_1224892151

THIS IS MARSOC, MARINE SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND. This was who Chuck fought and died with...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aea_1197311171

ENJOY THESE VIDEOS...AND LET US NEVER FORGET....
Back to top Go down
CrackShot

CrackShot

PostSubject: Re: MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!!   MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!! EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Well mamma mamma can't you see,
What this Core has done for me,

Put me in a Barber's chair...
"Snip" "Snap" and I had no hair,

And if I die in a combat zone,
Box me up and ship me home,

Put me in a set of Dressed Blue's,
Comb my hair, Shine my shoes,

Pin my medals upon my chest,
Tell my mamma i did my best

Well Mamma Mamma don't you cry,
Marine Core motto is "Do or Die",

I said left right leeeft,
Laoo righ leeft,

Loooo Right left,
La lettie Right Lao!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxrmr4nJgqA

*S* CHUCK!
Back to top Go down
CrackShot

CrackShot

PostSubject: Re: MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!!   MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!! EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:01 pm

By the way... @ 1:46 in the MARSOC vid...tell me thats not the most hardcore...
Back to top Go down
Cookii

Cookii

PostSubject: Re: MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!!   MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!! EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:20 pm

“Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.”

“True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.”

“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear”

Have a terrific Memorial Day everybody!!

*S*

=-Cookii-=
Back to top Go down
Diesel

Diesel

PostSubject: Re: MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!!   MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:44 am

It is the
VETERAN,
not the preacher,
who has given us freedom of religion.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the
VETERAN who
salutes the Flag,

It is
the
VETERAN
who serves
under the Flag,

ETERNAL REST GRANT THEM O LORD,

AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON THEM.

God Bless them all!!!

Damn Proud to be an AMERICAN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
RhinoStomp

RhinoStomp

PostSubject: Re: MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!!   MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:03 pm

These are actually some of my favorite quotes they just so happen to fit in very well with memorial day.

Although
no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone
bear record of their deeds, yet will their remembrance be as lasting as
the land they honored. ~Daniel Webster

Green sods are all their monuments; and yet it tells
A nobler history than pillared piles,
Or the eternal pyramids.
~James Gates Percival

The brave die never, though they sleep in dust:
Their courage nerves a thousand living men.
~Minot J. Savage

Cover them over with beautiful flowers,
Deck them with garlands, those brothers of ours,
Lying so silent by night and by day
Sleeping the years of their manhood away.
Give them the meed they have won in the past;
Give them the honors their future forcast;
Give them the chaplets they won in the strife;
Give them the laurels they lost with their life.
~Will Carleton

But fame is theirs - and future days
On pillar'd brass shall tell their praise;
Shall tell - when cold neglect is dead -
"These for their country fought and bled."
~Philip Freneau

We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them. ~Francis A. Walker
Back to top Go down
https://sofclan.forumakers.com
CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

PostSubject: Re: MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!!   MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!! EmptySun May 30, 2010 9:52 pm

“And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free, and I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me and I’ll proudly stand next to him to defend her still today, ‘cuz there ain’t no doubt I love this land, god bless the USA.” -Lee Greenwood
Back to top Go down
Cookii

Cookii

PostSubject: Re: MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!!   MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:07 am

Oh my Coolbreeze, you dont know how many memories that brings up. In the third grade we had to do this skit where we were to sing a bunch of patriotic songs to war veterans, this just happened to be one of them. I had a blast doing it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Never forget who we are, what we are, or what we stand for   MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:33 am

Memorial Day becomes 'portal of grief'
By Bob Kalinowski (Staff Writer)
Published: May 31, 2010

NEWPORT TWP. - While placing some patriotic decorations at her husband's grave, Amy Patton reflected on how the meaning of Memorial Day changes as a war widow.

The granddaughter of two World War II veterans who died before she was born, she fondly recalls visiting their graves every Memorial Day to place flowers and pay her respects. Then, like most Americans, she'd enjoy the unofficial opening of summer with a fun day with family and friends.

From now on, she'll spend the holiday paying homage to her fallen husband, Petty Officer 2nd Class Brian Patton, who died Nov. 19 in a vehicle crash while serving in Kuwait with the U.S. Navy Reserves.

"This is something totally different," the Nanticoke woman said. "The gateway to summer has now become my portal of grief."

"I always knew what Memorial Day was about, but, of course, I did the picnicking thing - go here, go there. Now, it's more a day to reflect on those who lost their lives and are still serving," Amy Patton added.

Brian Patton, 37, was laid to rest in St. Adalbert's Cemetery in Glen Lyon next to his mother, Janet, who also died at age 37 in a 1987 vehicle crash. The military offered to honor him with burial in the revered Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia, but his family chose to keep his remains local.

His gravesite, still awaiting a headstone and military foot marker, is adorned with several U.S. flags, a white cross delivered by a comrade and several cards and drawings made by his 9-year-old son, Nicholas. On Friday, Nicholas placed his latest creation, a colored drawing of the U.S. flag with his father's picture attached and the message, "Daddy, I miss you and love you. You are my hero. Love Nicholas."

Amy Patton said her son was forced to learn the meaning of Memorial Day "pretty quick."

"I have to play mom and dad now. It's tough. His father always would take him to play catch. I do it, but I know it's not like his dad. It has changed our loves forever," Amy Patton said. "My children and I will always remember the sacrifice that he and so many others have made. It is a sacrifice that, in my mind, began on the day he left our arms, but for the rest of the world, it was a sacrifice made on the day that he died."

An active duty Navy veteran of the first Gulf War, Brian Patton volunteered for the Kuwait mission to serve as a military police officer with Rochester, N.Y.-based Navy Reserve unit. He was responding to a call in a fully marked military police vehicle when his vehicle was struck head-on at high speed by a U.S. government contractor trying to pass a convoy at the crest of a hill, his family has been told.

He was pronounced dead at the scene. His passenger, Dave Morgan, 35, of Wilkes-Barre, was critically wounded in the crash and remains in a Philadelphia rehabilitation hospital.

The accident occurred roughly an hour after Amy and Brian Patton spoke on the telephone to share greetings on their ninth wedding anniversary.

"I think about it every day," Amy Patton said. "It makes me feel closer to him by coming here."

Amy Patton's Memorial Day ritual will never be the same. Since she was a child, she recalls it as a day she, her mother and grandmother would honor her grandfathers - Joseph Hynoski Sr., an Air Force veteran, and Darwin Roberts, an Army veteran - and place flowers at their graves.

Now, she'll work to keep her hero husband's memory alive.

"Unfortunately, until something like this happens, it's hard to realize the true meaning of Memorial Day," Amy Patton said. "It is impossible to put your emotional arms around thousands of war dead, but when you are connected with a single casualty, it becomes tragic. It's not about numbers anymore because now one of those numbers just so happens to be my husband."
http://citizensvoice.com/news/memorial-day-becomes-portal-of-grief-1.823246
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sweetpadude
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!!   MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTES!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Infomation-
Jump to: